Enabling hospitals and labs to respond to growing demand.
As Electronic Health Records (EHR) become an increasingly essential component of physician practices, hospitals and laboratories are faced with an ever growing demand to implement interfaces to the EHR systems in provider offices. The U.S. Congressional Budget Office forecasts that around 90% of doctors (540,000 physicians) and 70% of hospitals (4,000 facilities) will be utilizing comprehensive EHRs within the next decade. When compared to current usage, this represents an increase in EHR adoption of approximately 400% for physicians and 800% for hospitals. Thus, EHR integration must be a core thread in IT strategies.
But implementing EHR interfaces is not an easy task, considering the many and varied EHR systems available and further compounded by the idiosyncrasies of each EHR vendor's implementation of HL7. This is where Halfpenny Technologies can help by providing the caliber of clinical and technology expertise required to achieve successful EHR Integration, enabling both hospitals and labs to respond to growing demand from independent physicians. By leveraging our proven technology along with project management skills and clinical data, Halfpenny is able to lessen the impact of implementing complex EHR interfaces. Now hospitals and laboratories can easily remain competitive in the rapidly-evolving healthcare environment.
Key Features of EHR Integration:
- Utilizes innovative SaaS-based hub technology
- Connects diagnostic ancillary systems to physician office EHRs
- Drives clinical lab test results into EHRs as structured data
- Supports ambulatory CPOE from EHR vendor applications
- Provides quality results reporting to public health agencies
- Meets requirements for Meaningful Use certification
- Offers split-requisition capabilities.
Click here to download information on EHR Integration.